On January 20, 2011 our lives were forever changed.

Our sixteen year old son, Taylor, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is his story.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MY SON HAS CANCER

Today I went to the High School to turn in Taylor's books and to get his refund and yearbook. I wasn't very successful. They were happy to accept his books. But didn't seem to give a rip that my child has cancer which makes it difficult for me to come back again tomorrow and stand in line again. My options were to either go to the yearbook stomp tonight or wait in the line tomorrow for the yearbook. And it turned out that it wouldn't do me any good to wait in the line for the refund either. Because we paid for a bunch of classes that he wasn't able to attend, they will have to review it and mail me a check. Lovely.

Shane ran over to the school this evening before the stomp started and was able to retrieve the yearbook. He came home in tears. I inquired as to what had happened. He said, "My son has cancer." Seeing all the kids Taylor's age laughing and having fun. Seeing all that Taylor is missing out on. It was just overwhelming.

Then later this evening one of Taylor's friends came over to pick up his yearbook so he could get it signed tomorrow. He was tan and thin and normal. Facial hair, driving by himself, talking about his job and summer plans. Love this friend. Happy for all he is doing. Sad for my Taylor. Overwhelmed by all that he is missing out on. My son has cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment