On January 20, 2011 our lives were forever changed.

Our sixteen year old son, Taylor, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is his story.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

IT BREAKS MY HEART

In a innocent interaction this morning, Taylor divulged something that broke my heart.  I was in the kitchen preparing food to take dinner into a sick friend, and for Shane's parents, when Taylor came in and said he wasn't feeling very well.  This makes the third Sunday in a row that he has felt like this.  I asked him if he had eaten anything this morning.  Wondering if maybe that could be part of it.

He replied, "No, I am fasting."  I inquired as to why. His answer was simple, yet still took my breath away.  He told me that he is worried that his cancer has come back, or is going to.  He said he has been having lots of dreams about it.  That his back itches in the same place and in the same way it did when things first started.  His tone of voice and demeanor displayed his concern.  It broke my heart then and it breaks my heart now.

I have thought about it a lot today.  It is so sad that he has to even think about it.  He has been through so much. It breaks my heart!

He is working really hard at losing weight, and is looking really good.  He is having a hard time understanding that his body changed from boy to man while he had cancer and he will never look the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment