On January 20, 2011 our lives were forever changed.

Our sixteen year old son, Taylor, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is his story.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Final Day of "Taffy for Taylor"...

Wow...what a week! Tuesday and Wednesday at the school running this awesome fund-raiser... yesterday a full day at his 3rd chemo appointment...and back to the school today for a final taffy day! I had so many people request that I come back for one more day, and I am so glad I did! If anyone wants to know what we made in profit, I will be happy to tell you. It was GREAT!!! We live in such an amazing neighborhood. This experience has made me even more grateful to call Harvest Hills home. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Yesterday while at chemo, Taylor asked one of the nurses if she had any poster board laying around that he could use to make a giant card. While he was receiving his treatment he started working on this huge thank you that I could hang up today at the school for all the kids to see when they came to buy taffy... What a GREAT kid! All of the kids were really impressed with his artistic skills...

How adorable is he?...

Several kids bought entire containers to share with their classes...
Look at this cute bunch! It was so much fun to hang out with all of them.
I wanted to include a few random shots...
Adorable...
Some of the girls being silly for me...
So many kids with such huge hearts... thank you parents!
The sixth graders even let me take a few shots... by that age they are usually "too cool"... but they humored me today!
Our cute next door neighbor... doesn't even like taffy but wanted to come say hello... he ADORES Taylor!
Thanks again to all of our wonderful friends, neighbors, and those we don't even know...for opening your hearts and helping with this wonderful cause. The Davis family is so grateful!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! It was such a great idea! Way to go Harvest Elementary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not beleive how many laffy taffy's were in my class. Haven't seen that much candy since Halloween! ;)

    ReplyDelete