On January 20, 2011 our lives were forever changed.

Our sixteen year old son, Taylor, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is his story.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Harvest Elementary Rocks!

Due to popular demand "Taffy for Taylor" will be coming back on Friday, March 4th! The past two days were amazing, and I was so grateful for the opportunity to see how much LOVE there is in our neighborhood and school. I can't tell you how many times I was brought to tears by the kindness and generosity of all of our dear friends and neighbors...and the sweet wishes from the kids for Taylor to "get better soon." On Friday I plan on taking my video camera and capturing some of that love for him to see! Here are a few shots I took... one of the cutest girls ever! She made me promise to print this picture for Taylor to put up in his room! She was so sweet and stayed for her entire lunch recess to "help" me. Love that beautiful girl!
I wanted to capture some of the kids who bought taffy and made extra "donations" on behalf of their families! They were so sweet!
So darling! Tomorrow I will take some pictures of the masses of kids. It was so CRAZY yesterday that I didn't have time to stop and take pictures, but I will get another adult to help me get a few shots!
One of our favorite ladies! I can't imagine a sweeter heart! We got Jonah and Courtney in the shot with she and her son...
Jonah... what a great couple of days with you! I really wanted him to feel like this was something HE could do to help...and he was adorable! Yesterday he brought a picture of Taylor and we put it on the table so the kids could see who they were helping. When I was getting ready to leave I asked him if he wanted me to take it with me, and he said no, that he wanted to take it to class with him and put it on his desk. How sweet is that?!
I can't believe how much we raised...and we still have one more day! This fund-raiser was a huge success! Taylor was shocked when I came over to deliver all this love! Thank you EVERYONE!!!! (Our school rocks!!!!)
Taylor, we love you!
P.S. I want Sherian B. to know how awesome she is too! Last Monday night she took time away from her own family to spend the entire evening shaving so many heads that I lost count! (Even Taylor's GRANDMA!!!!) You made a huge difference for Taylor and I just thought you should know.

2 comments:

  1. Steph - You are AMAZING! Thank you so much for organizing this and making it such a success! You truly are a wonderful friend to my sister and her family. I'm sure there is a special spot in heaven for you! Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the taffy was such a success. So happy to help with the haircuts! It was an incredible evening for me as well... I felt so honored to be able to do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete