On January 20, 2011 our lives were forever changed.

Our sixteen year old son, Taylor, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is his story.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

FACE TO FACE

Today I printed out some pictures of Taylor. One which was taken in September. One which was taken last night. Laid side by side, it took my breath away. The difference is astonishing!

It's like when you haven't seen someone for a long time. You expect them to look the same. Especially children. Then when you see them, you can't believe how much they have changed. I felt like that today.

I guess living day in and day out with cancer, the changes don't seem as apparent to you. Then you look directly at them and they take your breath away.

Taylor is still trying to recover from last weeks chemo. He is incredibly tired. Still nauseated and his body aches. It's tough. I tried to get him to go the park with me for a little bit. (It was our city celebration -Saratoga Splash.) But he declined. I was trying to encourage him to do normal things. His response was "It's really hard to do normal things, when you don't feel normal Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment